Established in 1975, Coquitlam Lions Water Polo is a community-based youth amateur sport program. We offer co-ed structured water polo practices and league play in association with the BC Water Polo Association. We compete in the Lower Mainland Water Polo League.
We are a non-profit organization run by parent volunteers. Please look for ways you can help. Help is needed on an ongoing basis with:
- Team Manager – one manager for each of Cubs, 12U, 15U and 18U teams.
- Games Minor Officials – running the clock, recording goals, kick-outs and penalties.
- Clothing Manager – helping with placing team clothing orders at the beginning of season and as required, collecting payments and distributing the items.
- Social Event Planning – planning social fun events such as Christmas Party, end of season event, helping with fundraising event, etc.
- Chaperone opportunities – pending on teams traveling to away tournaments. To be announced.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice schedule is dependent on age-group:
- 10U and 12U “Learn to Play” – Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex – Saturdays 4:15pm to 5:30pm.
- 15U – Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex – Saturdays 5:15pm to 6:30pm.
- 18U – Coquitlam City Centre Aquatic Complex – Thursdays 7:15pm to 9:30pm.
- Games are played on Sundays at various locations throughout Lower Mainland.
Optional practices at Hyde Creek Pool in Port Coquitlam starting September 2014 (see Registration form for details).
Coquitlam Lions Water Polo is part of the Lower Mainland Water Polo League (LMWPL) with full season of game play starting September 2015 to April 2016. There will be a half season water polo Jamboree (December) and an end season League Championship Tournament (April).
In addition, we try to attend away tournaments in BC and/or Washington, US. Chaperone opportunities will be announced.